Step 1: Allow permissions
You must give Fanmio permission to access your camera and microphone in order to participate in certain Fanmio experiences.
- Enter the waiting room for your meet and greet.
- When prompted, choose Allow.
Step 2: Check your hardware
- Make sure your microphone, camera, and speakers are plugged in to your computer and turned on (microphone isn’t muted).
- If you connect any of your hardware using USB, check if you need to install software from the device manufacturer.
- Make sure other programs on your computer aren’t using your microphone, camera, or speakers.
Step 3: Check your settings
- When entering your event you should be prompted to select and test your camera, microphone and speaker.
- Make sure the correct device is selected for each setting (change it using the Down arrow ):
- Camera : If your camera is working, you’ll see your video in that step.
- Microphone : To test your microphone, speak out loud and you should see the audio meter move. Make sure your microphone is the default recording device, and that recording levels are correct:
- Speakers : To test your speakers, click Test Sound.
Step 4: Restart your browser and computer
- If your hardware and settings are correct and you're still having issues restart your browser.
- If you're still having issues, switch your browser.
- If you're still having issues, restart your computer.
Step 5: Contact us for help
If you’re still having problems, contact us for troubleshooting help. Please contact us only after you've tried the above steps.